Looking for comfort footwear? Comfort footwear in Niagara will be fitted properly at Elio’s Foot Comfort Centre.
When comfort footwear is a key in choosing men’s or women’s shoes or boots, Elio’s is the place to shop. Elio’s offers an expert fitting service coupled with a selection of top brand names.
Comfort footwear is easy to choose with the options offered at Elio’s. Wider widths, arch support, extra depth and orthotic-friendly shoes offer plenty of comfort enhancements.
Elio’s staff will take time to ensure your shoes fit properly. Special orders can also be made for unique requirements.
Elio’s offers an impressive selection of men’s and women’s comfort shoes or safety footwear, many of which are packed with enough style that you would never know they were orthopedic footwear.
How Properly Fitted Comfort Footwear Makes a Healthy Difference
Properly fitted footwear is essential for keeping your feet and your body happy. If shoes are not fitted properly, they can cause a variety of foot problems; including bunions, corns, calluses, hammertoes, plantar fasciitis and stress fractures.
It is important to remember that we all have differently shaped feet and therefore we all have different footwear needs. This means the shoes that work for your friend might not be the best choice for you.
The following is a list of basic shoe selection tips from Elio’s team of Canadian Certified Pedorthist:
- Have your feet measured by an expert.
- If one foot is bigger than the other, ensure shoes are fitted to your bigger foot.
- If possible, have your feet measured at the end of the day when your feet are expanded.
- Stand up while wearing the shoes and ensure there is 3/8” or 1/2” (about the width of your finger) between your longest toe (usually the second toe) and the end of your shoe.
- Walk around in the shoes to make sure they are comfortable and do not rub anywhere on your feet.
- After properly fitted footwear is selected, it is important to remember that shoes wear out over time and will usually need to be replaced after six months to one year of regular use.