Diabetic Foot Screening
For the assessment and management of the Diabetic Foot
The screening consists of a series of tests and questions by a Chiropodist or Canadian Certified Pedorthist.
Diabetic Foot Screening assesses the following diabetic foot risk factors:
- Loss of sensation/ Neuropathy
- Foot movement and muscle strength
- Vascular deficiencies
- Skin and nail conditions
- Bone deformity
- Appropriate footwear and Insoles/Orthotics
Elio’s Diabetic Foot Screening Sessions will be thoroughly done by Elio’s in-house Chiropodist or one of Elio’s Canadian Certified Pedorthists. The screening appointment can take approximately 15 to 30 minutes at Elio’s Foot Comfort Centre in Thorold.
Rates Vary Depending on the Diabetic Foot Screening Service You Choose:
- Diabetic Foot Screening by Canadian Certified Pedorthist: $30 + HST
- Diabetic Foot Screening by Chiropodist: $60 + HST
The Chiropody service covers nail care, callus, corn and wart removal, fungal treatment, ultra sound, ingrown toenails, and other foot care service that may be required.
The Chiropody service may be covered under most health insurance plans.