In recognition of World Foot Health Awareness Month, Elio’s Foot Comfort Centre will run a community education program to run in May. As a community service, the public is welcome to visit the clinic and pick up complimentary copies of Elio’s Foot Health Guide packed with tips, educational articles. The 24-page, full colour publication also includes a Foot Care Check-Up List for users to track their foot health.
A free information session on May 3 at 5:30 pm will cover the benefits of Chiropody. Elio’s Wellness Sessions will continue through the year with the following list of information presentations. All attendees will receive a free ballot for a chance to win a prize. Click here to register on Facebook.
Foot Health Awareness posters will be placed in medical clinics and distributed to the community. The infographic posters highlight interesting facts on foot health.
- Your feet contain about 25 % of the bones in your body
- Each foot contains 26 bones
- 107 ligaments and 19 muscles, tendons and muscles hold bones in our feet in position
- A person walks 115,000 miles in an average lifetime; that is approximately that is 4 times the distance around the globe
- Approximately 75 percent of Canadians will experience foot problems at one point in their lifetime.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD ELIO’S POSTER
The community education program will focus on the importance of good foot health in a comprehensive approach to a healthy lifestyle. We see that many of us need healthy feet to move around for work or play. As we put our feet and legs to substantial stress on a daily basis, we want to empower our patients to know how to take good care of their feet. It’s all part of Elio’s commitment to making feet happy.