In recognition of World Diabetes Day on Thursday, November 14th 2019, Elio’s Foot Comfort Centre will be hosting an event that will include a series of free and informative seminars (details below).
This event is free to attend, and all attendees will be entered into two complementary draws (one fowling each seminar) for a chance to win a $200 Elio’s gift card, or a gift basket. Snacks and refreshments will also be served.
Call us at 905-227-4215 to reserve your spot, or RSVP on Elio’s Facebook page.
10:00 AM – Diabetic Foot Care Seminar
Hosted by Chiropodist, Nida Ahmed; and Canadian Certified Pedorthists, Ashley Steele and Mitchell Fedorchuk; and Alex Nazartchyk
- What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes and foot complications
- How to manage foot health
- Importance of having feet checked regularly by a foot care professional
- What is done in a Diabetic Foot Screening appointment
- Diabetic foot orthoses and footwear management
- Pedorthic Management for Peripheral Artery Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy and ulcerations